Vacature Electrical Engineer systems & control
Autonomous professional with either a completed PhD or several years of experience who combines theoretical understanding and a practical capability to implement.
Profile of the candidate:
- PhD/MSc Electrical Engineering with background that includes control design and physical modelling of the system to control
- Proven programming experience/skills in at least one of the following: MatLab/Simulink, Python, PLC (Structured text), C#/.NET, Node-red
- Working in projects within a team
- A hands-on and autonomous mentality
- A broad interest in control themes, from power converter to position control and system safety
- Knowledge of power converter control, grid connection design, electromagnetic design, power electronic design have added value but this is not a stumbling block
The promise of Huygens Engineers is useful technical innovations, calculations and realizations. We assist OEMs large and small in meeting their product-innovation agenda. The industries we are active in are: renewables, marine propulsion, food industry, internal transport systems and increasingly also, in high tech.
We are looking for an autonomous individual to join our existing team of 2 senior electrical engineers + 1 less senior. Location may be The Hague or Hengelo. The level of experience may be from just completed PhD to Senior. Autonomy and a willingness to communicate is important. A match with the hands-on yet theoretically sound orientation at Huygens engineers is the most important.
The nature of the job:
To identify requirements, design and realize customer and application solutions for our customers.
Depending on the project size and project nature, work happens individually or in a team. The team may be constituted of electrical engineers, mechanical engineers and engineering physicists at Huygens engineers, but may also include representatives of our customer.
Willingness to support colleagues in their activities is central to both individual growth and to our supportive and pleasant work atmosphere.
- We develop functions, components and systems for OEMs in energy conversion (renewables, propulsion), internal transport systems and high tech systems ranging from a few watts to Megawatts with response times into micro-second range
- In practice we deliver and validate high performance mechatronic prototypes, one-offs, and measurement setups
- We contribute to OEMs achieving their new output targets for new products and systems
- Our field of activity is mechanical design including fluid interaction and electro mechanical design. System design and control constitutes a growing part, and increasingly crucial part of our deliveries
- The teams are multidisciplinary and the work is diverse
- Most work at Huygens Engineers is done in our own premises, travel to customer locations is usually for meetings and commissioning
- Workhours are flexible
If you are interested in this vacancy, you can contact Jacques Vermeiden for more information. Telephone number 085-080-2800.
Acquisition in response to this job offer is not appreciated.